Follow Us On Facebook!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Custom Mother's Day Bracelet

For Mother's Day I wanted to make a unique gift for my mom.

I have recently been playing with jewelry stamping, so I thought that would be fun to try.

Now normally I would start with a necklace, but there were two problems with that theory. First, my mom ALWAYS wears a rose pendant that my father gave her that matches her wedding ring. And second, there are WAY too many of us for a necklace! So I went with a bracelet even though she usually does not wear bracelets.... Maybe this one will be special enough that she will wear it, otherwise I will find a shadow box to mount it in for her!

I chose to do this piece in Copper, even though I have mostly been working in Sterling Silver. My mom wears rose gold everyday, and almost NEVER silver, so I hoped this would blend with what she wore more!

The three names together are my brothers and I, her children. The other side, the one with tags galore, are her grandchildren (this really makes it look like Shawn and I have been busy..... oh well!)

I chose the word BLESSED because I was thinking of a Proverbs 31 mother, and how blessed my mom is.

And each little hanging pendant was hand made by me too!

This piece was LOTS of fun to make, and very dear to my heart!
I hope my mom LOVES it!

If you are ever looking for something unique and personalized I would greatly enjoy working with you to create that very special piece, please feel free to contact me anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment